IRS-Certified CT VITA Site...
Waterbury Youth Services (WYSS) began our partnership with CT Association for Human Services (CAHS) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in facilitation of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) in the 2008. Through this program, residents have received help filing their taxes as well as utilization of the Earned Income Credits giving area residents thousands of dollars in tax refunds.
The VITA Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income (generally, $50,000 and below) people who cannot prepare their own tax returns
Certified volunteers sponsored by various organizations receive training to help prepare basic tax returns in communities across the country. VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, shopping malls, and other convenient locations. Most locations also offer free electronic filing. For more information about the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program please visit the IRS website.
Documents To Bring With You
- Valid photo ID
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for you & anyone else in your household included in your return
- Documentation for all income from work, Social Security or pensions, including forms W-2, 1099-R, etc.
- Documentation for any education expenses & student loan payments
- Total $ paid for child care. Bring day care provider's address and tax ID number
- Voided check or checking account numbers if you want to have your refund direct deposited
- Documentation of any mortgage expenses and/or interest paid
- Copy of last year's federal and state returns if available