Kicking-Off Adolescent Immunization Action Week!
Ignite the Spark of Awareness and Promote the Importance of Adolescent Vaccines!
We hope you're as excited as we are about Adolescent Immunization Action Week, taking place from April 3rd to April 7th! Waterbury Youth Services had the pleasure of hosting Natasha Arce, a specialist from the Waterbury Health Department's Immunization Program, who came to share her knowledge and expertise with our youth.
Natasha didn't come empty-handed! She generously provided 45 fantastic gift bags to our LAL program youth, which were not only fun but also educational.
Each bag was filled with:
• Informative brochures on crucial adolescent immunizations, including Meningococcal, Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), and HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccines
• A handy water bottle to keep our youth hydrated
• A first aid kit for emergencies
• A hand sanitizer to ensure clean hands on the go
• A stylish pen for jotting down notes
This memorable encounter with Natasha Arce helped our young members understand the importance of immunizations in their adolescent years. We're thrilled that she could contribute to their well-being and make learning about immunizations a dynamic and enjoyable experience.
Don't forget to Spread the Word about Adolescent Immunization Action Week!
Let's all come together and promote a healthier future for our youth.